I’ve been putting off posting anything to the blog till I get a Christmas/New Year update happening. But Christmas and New Year have been jam packed and I never seem to have the time to write about it (I know you’re all desperately disappointed) so the result has been no nuthin’ for a good while.
I think I’ll just have to accept that there will be no coherent, interesting post about the festive season. In its place, I offer you this bullet point list o’ stuff, somewhat related to the things we’ve been doing in the past few weeks.
– Travelled to my family’s place, and confirmed suspicions that a 13 hour car trip (yes, each way) with two kids would not be fun
– extra un-funness thanks to my total loss of voice. Went to Carols in the Domain couple of nights before we left and tried to conduct a conversation over the crowd – this left me croaky by night’s end and rendered me mute for the three days following. “DoYouWantMeToPullOverRightNowAndLeaveYouOnTheSideOfTheRoad” just doesn’t sound that menacing in a whisper
– seems like Hugo might be inclined to carsickness. At any rate, he managed a giant puke halfway through the first of our 13 hour treks. Vomit over kid, car seat and, best of all, through the bag of gifts at his feet. Had to pull over in a patch of prickles on the Hay plains to strip him, and cover the seat with my pillow case to stop the puke seeping into the replacement clothes. Hot day + spew = not good smell in the car
– The actual visit was fun – swimming pool, too much food (leigh and I gained 1.6kg each while we were away!!) and far too many gifts. Hunter told us in all seriousness that she’d decided to stay at Nanna’s – we’re welcome to visit annually if we wish. Many tantrums on the way home with much wailing of “Turn around NOW and TAKE ME BACK TO NANNA’S
– NYE was dinner and a few games of pool at a very small club in a very small town. If you know me in real life, you’ll understand that me playing pool is a very funny thing. We were home by 9.30pm. Party on
– After a brief stopover at home to empty out and re-pack the suitcase, we headed north to see leigh’s family. Daily trips to the beach, too much food again. All good
– I got my results for my first back-to-uni subject, and managed to get in the first essay for my current subject. I was thinking of dropping out this study period because by week six I still hadn’t even opened the study package, and the first assignment was due that week. Leigh convinced me to just put my head down and get it done, so that’s what I did and I am glad because it’s one less thing on the to-do list
– Still have a million mile long list of things to do before the renovation is truly finished but it’s substantively done, and I really will post pics some day soon
– Work is nuts. Boss just had baby number 4 so is out of action, and I am way out of my depth with lots of things I am not very good at
– I toyed briefly with the idea of participating in the IVP’s 365 project before remembering that I haven’t updated flickr since November, so the odds of me actually managing a daily photo are really rather slim.
Right. I’m calling that up to date and going forward from here.